If either your tutor or assessor has not achieved a tutor or assessing qualification, they must attend one of our workshops.
Our tutor and assessor one-day workshops are part-mapped to national occupational standards and give the learner the tools needed to deliver or assess endorsed training programmes. This is the bare minimum that we will accept for endorsement, so if you have changed your delivery team during your endorsement period, please check that their qualifications conform to our requirements.
The full qualifications that we accept for endorsed training are as follows.
Tutors are required to possess at least one of the following:
- Teacher training qualification (Undergrad/Postgrad)
- Accredited Institution PG Cert in teaching and supporting learning (e.g. HEA UKPSF)
- PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF)
- SkillsActive tutor training workshop
Assessors are required to possess at least one of the following:
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF)
- A1/A2 (previously D32, D33)
- Relevant predecessor NQF assessor qualifications
- SkillsActive assessor training workshop
If any of your team needs to take part in one of our workshops, visit our website to book on our June training days.