The Health and Fitness Industry saw the first LIW this year run under Body Power (formerly UBM). The event had a great feel and it was encouraging seeing more fitness professionals attending. The lecture theatres and live demonstrations were really interesting and well attended. Over the duration of the conference, LIW managed to cover a multitude of disciplines in their Education Zone, all endorsed by SkillsActive to support REPs members.
We noticed a lot of newly endorsed providers attending. However, some larger suppliers were missed.
After much thought and collated feedback from our members REPs decided not to hold their annual conference at LIW this year. However, it meant that they were able to run more conventions up and down the country promoting the register and meeting members rather than hosting one or two large conferences. Feedback seems to show that this is working well and engagement with our members has certainly increased. REPs conventions offer to our endorsed training providers an opportunity to speak to and present/demonstrate the benefits of their training to REPs members, as well as providing the most up to date research for them to take away. For more information on presenting at one of our events, please contact email@example.com.
Whilst at LIW we were fortunate to meet the following endorsed providers:
- Physical Company – showcasing all their new and exciting equipment with supporting education
- Keiser – promoting their new products and education
- Jordan Fitness – showcasing exciting new products and supporting education
- Clubbercise – spreading the word of exercising to music with a club feel and those all-important glow sticks! Endorsed education supports those who want to become an instructor too
- Future Fit – promoting their portfolio of extensive training programmes as well as meeting with industry leaders
- KBT Education – showcasing their up and coming endorsed training as well as the work they do with British Weightlifting.
- Schwim – promoting their new products and education
- Burlesquercise – showcasing their recently endorsed training, demonstrating how to use Burlesque to whip you into shape!
For those providers we didn’t get to meet we will be attending more conferences in the New Year so keep your eyes peeled for the next Newsletter. Alternatively give us a call on 020 7840 1911 or drop us an email – we would love to hear from you and also support you in any way.
SkillsActive next year hopes to continue to support LIW and bring more offers and discounts to our endorsed training providers. Watch this space!